Everything you ever wanted to know about me and my family...and probably some stuff you didn't!
The Sugar Report
So, last week I made the comment that I needed to drastically cut down on my sugar consumption as a means of helping myself lose weight. I am writing to report on my progress so far.
I am an abysmal failure! At least, for this week.
I was probably setting myself up for failure thinking that I could try to cut back on sugar right before Labor Day weekend. I ate a full theater sized box of Hot Tamales, half a box of Gobstoppers, two chocolate shakes, a bowl of ice cream, and several sodas over the past four days.
YIKES!
Sugar is a powerfully addictive thing. It is all around us constantly. I think the only thing keeping me from a diabetic coma is my level of exercise (and, no, I am in no danger of developing diabetes). Why oh WHY does it have to taste so much better than vegetables?!?
I am going to make a new rule.
If I am going to eat something obscenely sugary (yogurt and stuff like that doesn't count), I have to first consume 16 oz. of water and wait 15 minutes. If I still want it after that, I can have it and NOT feel guilty about it!
This rule will be easy during the week. The weekends are my 'Achilles heel'.
Wish me luck. I'll report back on this in a week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment