I can tell when I am getting overwhelmed. I start missing scheduled events on accident.
I forgot to take Will to his check up at the doctor's office. I keep forgetting to call and reschedule it (I only remember after hours).
I forgot that faculty meeting had been moved to Tuesday instead of Wednesday and missed it.
I forgot to bring scissors and crayons to the tutoring sessions (that was easy to fix, though).
I forgot to attend an art show that had one of my pieces displayed in it. That is really bad.
I feel like a pre-emerging Alzheimer's patient when this starts to happen. I know the cure, though, because it has happened before.
I need to find balance in my life again. Either I find my equilibrium with this new schedule, or I find a way to reduce stress. I'll let you know if I ever figure it out. In the meantime, I hope I don't drop the ball on any more events. Time to use the obnoxious calendar alarms on my phone.
Everything you ever wanted to know about me and my family...and probably some stuff you didn't!
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear this! Perhaps having a big calendar posted would help? Or... using a dry-erase marker and jotting things down on the mirror in the bathroom? (That's what I do.)
Make sure you take care of yourself and ask others for help.
Grr! I posted a reply and it got lost in cyberspace. To sum up, I have my schedule posted on a big calendar in the kitchen and in 3 different electronic modes. I just mentally shut down when things get too stressful. I have discovered, though, that lack of exercise can trigger a depressive state that causes this cascade effect. Because the schedule has been too full, I have missed most of my workouts this week. It really impacts everything else and I become a dozy downer.
Post a Comment